Shardiya Navratri 2022: Usually Navratri is of nine days only and hence its name is Navratri, but every year according to astrology and pundits it is not advised to celebrate Navratri for full nine days. This happens on the basis of many Yogas and Shubh Muhurt etc. That is why there is confusion this year as to how many days Navratri is going to be celebrated. Let us tell you that Navratri has special significance in Hinduism. During Navratri, nine forms of Maa Durga are worshiped as Shailputri, Brahmacharini, Chandraghanta, Kushmanda, Skandmata, Katyayani, Kalratri and Mahagauri. Let us know some things related to the days of this Navratri and the rules of worship according to astrology.
Jitiya Vrat: Know for how many hours Jivitputrika’s waterless fast will be kept, this is the method of worship
For how many days will Navratri be celebrated?
Shardiya Navratri is about to start from the Pratipada date of Shukla Paksha of Ashwin month. This Navratri will start from 26th September and will end on 5th October i.e. this time Navratri is being celebrated for nine whole days. Devotees of Ashtami fasting will be observed on 3rd October and Navami Vrat on 4th October.
The following things are given special attention during Navratri.
- It is believed that on Navratri, Maa Durga likes to reside in the same house where happiness, peace and prosperity remain.
- During Navratri, non-vegetarian food is not consumed, but it is avoided.
- In the houses where Navratri fast is kept and the Kalash is established, an eternal flame is lit.
- Another thing that is specially followed in the food on Navratri and that is to avoid garlic and onion. Garlic and onion are not added to whatever is cooked at home during Navratri.
- It is believed that family members should abstain from the consumption of alcohol and tobacco during Navratri.
- Haircut in these nine days is not considered good.
- It is said that after the worship, the prasad should be given to small children first, then they should be eaten themselves and distributed to the rest.
- It is said that one should refrain from sleeping during the ritual.
- Along with your home, it is important to keep your mind clean as well.
Pitru Paksha: If the picture of ancestors is kept in the house, then know some important things, according to the belief, it affects life.
(Disclaimer: The information given here is based on general assumptions and information. NDTV does not confirm this.)
Eight cheetahs will reach India tomorrow, special plane has been sent to Namibia to bring