Jammu-Kashmir Waqf Board Order: The Jammu and Kashmir Waqf Board on Monday ordered a ban on the Dastar Bandi (turban tying) ceremony of people, especially political leaders, at all religious places governed by the board.
The order of ban on tying of turban came into force today i.e. from Monday itself. The order came days after National Conference President Dr Farooq Abdullah and former Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad visited the shrine.
Was it stated in the order?
- The J&K Waqf Board in the order said that the Board has been receiving several complaints regarding the unethical use of the platform of Ziyarat to appease influential people, especially political leaders, through Ziyarat/turban tying (Dastar Bandi) ceremony. Was.
- By inviting leaders to religious places, their Dastar Bandi was being held to promote the political agenda.
- The Jammu and Kashmir Waqf Board said that the Chairman, taking the matter seriously, said that the Board is of the view that religious places like Ziyarat/Khankah/Masjid/Darul Uloom can only be used for promoting religious activities.
- He can be honored for the work done by a person in the religious field.
- Dastar Bandi of people is strictly prohibited at all religious places governed by the provisions of Waqf Act 1995. However, the Dastar Bandi of people for religious achievements will be after the permission of the Central Office Waqf Board.
- All administrators and executive officers are directed to ensure compliance of this order. Any violation will be immediately brought to the notice of the Central Office for legal action,
Jammu and Kashmir: Terrorist hideout busted in Jammu and Kashmir’s Ramban, huge amount of explosives recovered
Ghulam Nabi Azad said on the question of restoration of Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir, said- I do not promise …